Ear Surgery, so, most commonly performed to improve hearing or to relieve pain due to otitis media or to
Certain types of hearing loss can also be repaired Surgically a thorough examination by an ENT
The physician is necessary to determine if the hearing loss can be surgically repaired or not.
Common ear surgeries
- Oto plasty
- Cochlear implants
1)Myringotomy -) A myringotomy is a procedure to create a hole in the ear down to allow fluid
that is trapped in the middle ear to drain out.
- The fluid may be blood, pus, or water
- In many cases, A small tube inserted into the hole in the eardrum to help maintain damage.
- It, indicated. In case of, caused otitis media (inflammation of Middle ear).
- This procedure done under local anesthesia.
Benefits of Myringotomy
- Firstly, Relieve can pain and pressure.
- Secondly, Reduce frequency of ear infections
- Thirdly, Restore hearing loss caused by fluid.
- Improve sleep and bet behavior problems.
- Improve Speech & balance.
Mastoidectomy -) A mastoidectomy is a Surgical procedure that removes diseased Mastoid
air cells. The mastoid process is the pout of the skull located behind the ear.
A mastoidectomy done because of an infection or cholesteatoma that spreads to the Mastoid bove.
Cholesteatoma is a unique disease of the Eau in which a skin cyst grows into the middle
ear and Mastoid.
Otoplasty devotes the surgical to correcting the deformities and defects. of the pinna (external cam) and for reconstructing a defective or deformed or absent external Eau, So, consequent to congenital deformities.
Moreover, Tympanoplasty is surgery to repair the eardrum. So, The eardrum is a thin layer of tissue that vibrates in response to sound.
Tympanoplasty is a surgical technique to repair a defect in the tympanic membrane with the
Placement of a graft, either medial or lateral to the tympanic membrane annulus. Then, The goal of
this surgical procedure is not only to close the perforation but also to improve hearing
for more learning click here:-https://learningpoints.in/